Monday, October 20, 2008

She Unnames Them Worldview

The worldview of She Unnames Them is postmodern. Humans have the power to control the universe and we no longer talk with God. We ignore His advice and become our own God.
  1. God and the Universe- "You and your father lent me this- gave it to me, actually. It's been really useful, but it doesn't exactly seem to fit very well lately." God is the father, so He exists but the universe is under the power of Eve. She has the power to unname all the animals. God's advice is not needed.
  2. Humanity and Identity- Humans have power over the universe. Eve had the power to unname all the animals God and Adam named.
  3. Conflict and Suffering- "One of my reasons for doing what I did was that talk was getting us nowhere; but all the same I felt a little let down." The conflict is Eve wants Adam and God to talk with her.
  4. Hope and Redemption- "Well, goodbye, dear. I hope the garden key turns up." Eve could only hope the key back into the perfect Garden of Eden would turn up. There is essentially no hope.
  5. Values and Relationship- The relationship between Adam and Eve and God is fading. The quote under God and the Universe shows this. "One of my reasons for doing what I did was that talk was getting us nowhere." This quote shows that talk between man and God was valued, but it is no longer.
  6. Truth and Reality- Humans no longer take God's advice. Just like postmodernism teaches, we no longer need God, we can be our own God.

No comments: